Sunday, February 12, 2012

Andrew Lincoln's Wife Impressed by his American Accent


He’s gorgeous! I know right? Lels! But there’s more! Ladies and gentlemen, our hunky sheriff who leads his small horde of humans away from freaking shuffling packs of zombies, Andrew Lincoln has revealed in one interview that he’s wife thinks he’s definitely perfect for staying in character while filming his hit US TV show. See the staunch, gorgeous sheriff more as you watch The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 9: Triggerfinger online when the very next episode of the show airs on February 19, 2012.

He’s British, for Pete’s sake, yet he still has found major, major success as the police sheriff Rick Grimes in the modern-day zombie television series filmed in America’s Deep South.

The 38-year-old has decamped his wife and two young children to nearby Atlanta and, from the moment he sets foot off the plane to when he flies back to Britain for his breaks, talks in an American accent.

Andrew said his wife thinks he's 'an idiot' for staying in accent for so long.

He recalled: "The first time she came on set she was like, 'Andrew, what are you doing?'

"I said, 'This is it for the next six months, I'm afraid'. And also, I have to do this because most of the crew think I'm American, and if I change now it's going to freak them out!"

The star of UK series This Life and Teachers, Andrew is enjoying his new double life as an American star is one he's enjoying.

"I feel a bit like a spy, because most of the time that I'm not working, I'm back here in England," he said.

"But then I fly over there, I don't have a mobile - I have a cell phone, I have a different dialect which I stay in all the time, and I have a different currency. I have, thankfully, the same wife, but it's an extraordinary schizophrenic lifestyle. I love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment